For more than 200 years, the MHS has depended on its Fellows, a core group of elected supporters made up of distinguished scholars and civic leaders who have the privilege of shaping the Society. They not only represent the legal body of the Society by voting on the admission of new Fellows, the election of Officers and Trustees, and the revision of the Society’s by-laws, but they are also our best ambassadors, dedicating their time and expertise by serving on committees and participating in scholarly programs. MHS founder Rev. Jeremy Belknap described the ideal Fellow as a “doer,” and today’s Fellows certainly embody that standard.
Since one must be elected a Fellow of the MHS, the renewal of Fellows dues is the only option available below. In addition to receiving the benefits listed here, Fellows know that their dues help the MHS fulfill its mission to promote the study of American history. For more information on the election process or the expectations associated with being a Fellow, contact email@example.com.
- Miscellany, the semi-annual MHS print newsletter
- Massachusetts Historical Review, the Society's annual journal (in print or electronically by JSTOR)
- the MHS events calendar
- @MHS, the monthly MHS e-newsletter
- invitations to enhanced Fellows and Member-only events, including exhibition openings
- an invitation to an annual Fellows event
- voting privileges at the MHS Annual Meeting and called meetings
Click on the renew option above to pay your Fellow dues by credit card. If you would prefer to send a check or credit card payment by mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MHS is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Fellow dues are not tax deductible at this time. However, non-dues contributions are tax deductible within legal limits and will be acknowledged by the MHS.