"My dearest friend . . . "
A frequent salutation in letters exchanged between John Adams and Abigail Adams.
From Adams Family Papers, Massachusetts Historical Society.
The Adams Family Papers: An Electronic Archive was created by the Massachusetts Historical Society, Boston, Massachusetts, with a grant from a private charitable trust.
Thanks to the Vermont Historical Society for granting us permission to include the earliest diary of John Adams, part of the Royall Tyler Collection, gift of Helen Tyler Brown.
Thanks to Cliff Wulfman, Perseus Project, Tufts University, for valuable advice regarding encoding procedures and methodology.
Thanks to Donna Cantarella of the Westwood Public Schools, and Richard Kollen, of Lexington High School, who were Adams Teacher Fellows during the summer of 2002 and provided valuable feedback and suggestions.
Adams Digitization Project Team:
- Nancy Heywood, Project Coordinator
- Nicole Hansen, Technical Assistant
- Keith Jenkins, Digital Project Assistant
- Tobin Plewak, Web Specialist
- Oona Beauchard, Encoder
- Kelley Nee, Encoder
Massachusetts Historical Society staff who provided advice and/or assisted this project:
- Peter Drummey, Librarian
- Brenda Lawson, Associate Librarian
- Chris Coveney, Information Systems Manager
- Ondine Le Blanc, Associate Editor of Publications
- C. James Taylor, Editor-in-Chief, Adams Papers
- Celeste Walker, Associate Editor, Adams Papers
- Gregg L. Lint, Senior Associate Editor, Adams Papers
- Anne Decker Cecere, Associate Editor, Adams Papers
- Jennifer Shea, Editorial Assistant, Adams Papers
- Jennifer Smith, Photographic Services
Former Massachusetts Historical Society staff who assisted with this project:
- Erin Pipkin, Web Manager
- Jenny Wojewoda, Web Intern
- April Graf, Digital Project Assistant